Low Cholesterol Recipes: Quinoa Lasagna Recipe – Low Cal, Low Cholesterol!!!!!
First off, I apologize this video is so lengthy however ha ha, that is the best way Allan and I prepare dinner and I edited the crud out of this to attempt to make it shorter. Alas, we’ve nice enjoyable cooking, critically and I hope you stick round as a result of this recipe ROCKS. 317 energy per LARGE slice and 41mg of ldl cholesterol. When you’re making an attempt to eat wholesome and hold ldl cholesterol in examine, this recipe is a keeper. TRUST me on this one!!!!!
• 2 cups water
• 1 cup quinoa
• 2 tablespoons canola oil or olive oil
• 1 cup chopped onion (we used Three small)
• 1 cup sliced mushrooms
• 2 cloves garlic, minced (we used 4)
• 2 cups tomato sauce or ready pasta sauce (we used pasta sauce)
• 2 cups no-salt-added low-fat cottage cheese
• 1 massive egg, overwhelmed (did not beat it)
• 1/Four cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 tablespoons minced recent basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried
• 1 tablespoon dried oregano
• 2 cups sliced zucchini
• 2 cups packed recent spinach, powerful stems eliminated
• 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Mix water and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Convey to a boil. Scale back to a simmer, cowl and prepare dinner for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Evenly unfold the quinoa within the ready dish.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Wipe out the saucepan, then add oil and warmth over medium warmth. Add onion; prepare dinner, stirring steadily, till clear and beginning to brown, 5 to six minutes. Add mushrooms; prepare dinner, stirring, till the mushrooms are softened and little or no moisture is left within the pan, Three to Four minutes. Add garlic and sauce. Stir till sizzling. Take away from warmth.
4. Mix cottage cheese and egg in a medium bowl; combine nicely. Stir in Parmesan, basil and oregano.
5. Unfold one-third of the sauce over the quinoa. Make a layer of all of the zucchini, then all of the cottage cheese combination, then half the remaining sauce, then all of the spinach. End with the remaining sauce and unfold mozzarella on high.
6. Bake the lasagna till it’s sizzling and the cheese is melted, effervescent and barely browned across the edges, 35 to 40 minutes. Let stand for about 10 minutes earlier than serving.
317 energy per LARGE serving (eight servings in a 9×13 pan) and 41mg of ldl cholesterol! Belief me of us, this can be a keeper. I child you not, it’s a nice substitute for lasagna.
We don’t personal any of the music taking part in throughout dinner, that’s solely that of the artist.